Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mission Aborted

The Syndicate were scheduled to play last night at the Townehouse in Sudbury, but unfortunately we didn't make it. We left the 'Wa at around 3:30pm, right as the snowstorm was starting to pick up, hoping that things would get better as we got further out of town, since Sudbury was completely clear. We drove for about three hours, and had only made it to Pembroke, so we still had about 400km to go. There was one particular moment where we couldn't see anything, except for a ton of snow flying at the windshield. We had no idea if we were even still on the road at that point, which was a bit scary, so we pulled over and made the decision to cancel. It was a bit of a let down, but I'm definitely glad that nothing worse happened. I checked the highway conditions when I got home, and it looks like we would have been facing the same weather almost all the way there, so I think we definitely did the right thing.

There's a chance that we'll try again at the end of December (they've asked us back), and hopefully we won't be thwarted by nature next time.

No comments: