Monday, December 03, 2007

It's UK Time!

Ah, the day has finally arrived. I'm flying out this evening for two weeks with B in the UK! And wouldn't you know it, we get hit with a monster snowstorm on my day of departure. (This is what the path beside my house looks like right now, it's a little crazy.) So I'm totally expecting delays, and I'm bracing myself for probably spending an extra few hours at the airport at least. But who knows, it seems like the snow is letting up a bit now. There is a travel advisory on Air Canada's site, but so far my flight status is unchanged. I guess we shall see how it goes!

My trusty iBook is coming on the journey with me, which means I should be able to post some updates from time to time. B is going to be working days while I'm there (she needs to work to be able to afford taking me on dates!) which will leave me with some extra time on my hands. I plan on doing quite a bit of exploring around, which should hopefully make for some interesting write-ups. Bath seems like a pretty cool place, although I've only been there for a couple of hours many years ago.

So I'm packed, raring to go, and waiting to hit the airport. Next post: across the pond!

No comments: