Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's Bluesfest Time!

The time has finally come. It's the time of year when I attempt to take in as many live bands as I possibly can for a week and a half. I've cleared my entire schedule until next Sunday, and this year's lineup is quite stellar, so it should be pretty awesome.

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that on Friday (July 6th), we in the Reverb Syndicate are going to be opening for Béla Fleck and the Flecktones on the Rogers stage. What can I say, it's pretty exciting.

So tonight is the first night of the festival for me. I opted not to pay extra to go see Van Morrison last night, although I heard it was packed, and he played a really good show. But tonight is Bob Dylan night, which I'm excited to check out, despite reports of a lacklustre performance when he came to the Corel Centre. But I'm holding out some hope, since I think the environment will be infinitely better here than it could ever be in an arena. And he is Bob Dylan. So we'll see how it goes.

Lots more to come!

No comments: