Monday, June 19, 2006

TRS Update: In The Studio, Day Two


Aaah. Day Two. After breakfast at the Manx, we were heavily caffeinated (or, at least, I was heavily caffeinated) and ready to go again. The great thing about taking the night off was that when we came back and listened to what we had done the previous day, the playing sounded much better than how we (or I) remembered it. So we got the remaining tracks down, and then we were able to move on to some minor playing corrections and adding keyboards.

Once that was finished, it was time for some fun: auxilliary percussion! Seriously, this is where I thought everything really came together in a big way. It's amazing how the little things like that can subtly transform the mood of a song into something completely different. And here's a shameless photo of Your Humble Narrator doing some punch-work behind the glass on day two. I'm really excited with the way this project is turning out, and we don't even have it mixed for real yet. So stay tuned! In other exciting Reverb Syndicate news, our real site just came online this morning, so go check it out! I think our man Commodore 64 did a fantastic job with it.

Anyhow, it's back to reality for me today, and doubly-so since I also had to give back the window seat I've been thoroughly enjoying for the past couple of weeks. So it's back to the darkness for me, at least until my new office is ready. It's a bit of a fixer-upper, but it's definitely a start.

And while I'm at it, as if any of us need to see any more internet randomness, here are some pictures of cats that look like Hitler. What can I say about that one...

No comments: