Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

July 1st is once again upon us, and I think for the first time ever, I'm not in Canada for Canada Day. I'm used to being in the market surrounded by all the mayhem, and it's a little odd being away from it this year. Today just feels like any other day in Edinburgh, and I'm probably one of the only people here with the day off (since I'm a telecommuter!)

The good news is that there is a pub on the Royal Mile called the Cannon's Gait, which is hosting a Canada Day Pub Quiz tonight, and seems to be the only place in Edinburgh we know of who is hosting any sort of Canada Day activities. Anyway, B and I are going to head there later on tonight, which should be good times. It's not the fireworks on parliament hill, but what can you do.

Have fun!

No comments: