Monday, June 30, 2008

Euro 2008

The past couple of weeks, we've been spending a bit more time than usual at our local pubs watching the Euro 2008 tournament, which wrapped up last night. I didn't really have any teams to pull for, since no UK teams actually qualified. So I decided to pull for the Netherlands, partly because it's fun to pull for someone, and I knew more of their players compared to any of the other teams. Unfortunately they were knocked out last week in the quarter finals by Russia.

So last night, after checking out a few extremely busy places near our apartment, B and I finally found a place to settle in and watch the game from a moderately decent angle. Spain are the new Euro champions, defeating Germany 1-0. And deservedly so, the Germans were more or less outplayed the whole night. It's also Spain's first title win in 44 years.

The downside is that now we need to find something new to follow until the regular season starts in August.

No comments: