Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bollywood Awesome!

I have no idea how this song was stuck in my head when I got to work this morning. Seriously. I have no idea. I've heard it played a few times before on LuxuriaMusic (the internet's Best Radio Station, bar none) and I've heard this track as recently as a couple of weeks ago while perusing through Paper/Papier in the market. Anyway, down to it: it's a piece of Bollywood awesomeness from an Indian singer named Usha Uthup. From what I read about her, she was pretty popular in the 70's and 80's, and contributed this song to a movie called "Shalimar" in 1978. I think it's pretty near impossible not to bop your head at least a little to this one. But be warned - chances are really good that you will get it stuck in your head. For weeks.

So sit back, press play, and prepare to dig.

Usha Uthup - One Two Cha Cha Cha


No comments: