The Reverb Syndicate is all set to take the stage tomorrow night for the very first time, and I'm psyched! For me, personally, it's going to be my first show since August 2003 with The Aquaphiles and my fourth band to play live (I think...). That's only counting bands that played more than one show. (Def Con One played three times. Once was at Porter Hall. It's hard to believe that I used to front an industrial band. What was I thinking...)
So in honour of past bands and shows, I decided to do a little Google search on "Bertha Does Moosejaw" to see what I came up with. Here are the highlights:
BDM is named in a post on BoingBoing, one of the most popular weblogs on the internet today. [Link]
The Setbacks are another Ottawa band.. I know Chris, their drummer, from years ago when we used to play a lot of shows together. Anyway, someone posted on their message board looking for me. I might know who it is, but I'm not 100% sure... very random. [Link]
This guy sure didn't like us when we played with Plumtree & Broken Girl... the post is from 10 years ago. Not that I can remember that show, though... [Link]
This news site for Mac users has an article about the iTunes music store opening up. It makes some comment at the bottom about how BDM is the suspected "later incarnation" of another band, Martha & The Muffins. They are wrong. [Link]
And to follow that up, a somewhat surreal comment about the aforementioned article. WTF?!? [Link] (Google Cache version, scroll halfway down)
I've been tossing the idea around of putting the first two BDM tapes online somewhere. I copied them to CD a while back. It's kinda funny to listen to them years later.
Anyway, that's enough living in the past for now. The future is The Reverb Syndicate. (And maybe The Home Office someday.)
Dig!
No comments:
Post a Comment